TOI ORANGA NGAKAU – CHANGE LEADER
PARE Ō TOI - MĀORI HEALTH GAINS & DEVELOPMENT
Whakarongo ake au ki te tangi ā te mātui. Tuī tuī tuituia.
Whakarongo ake ai, whāia te iti kahurangi, ki te tūohu koe, me he maunga teitei.
We are looking for a courageous, passionate and driven individual who is inspired by Te Tiriti o Waitangi and wants to be part of leading a paradigm shift toward Toi Ora within Te Moana a Toi.
Te Pare ō Toi Māori Health Gain and Development (MHG&D) have been transforming into a ‘Change engine’ for Toi Ora. We have a new opportunity for a Toi Oranga Change Leader which will work collectively to progress our new strategy, Te Toi Ahorangi - Te Rautaki a Toi 2030.
What you can expect day-to-day:
If you aspire to lead and influence the redesign of mental health (Oranga Ngakau) services, through approaches of co-design and mahitahi for the outcome of Toi Ora for whānau, hapū, hauora māori and Iwi, then apply here. As part of this, the role reports to the Pou Umanga – Business Leader and supported by the Toi Awhina. You will also work closely and in partnership the Planning and Funding Team Portfolio Managers and the Finance and Performance Management Team. The role will be responsible for:
We are looking for:
- Passionate champion for tangata whenua development and Toi Ora
- Champion and role models Manaakitanga best practice i.e. compassionate, goes the extra mile, uplifts the mana of others, respects and values others, is integrous in their relationships.
- Wayfinder of Toi Ora; values indigenous wisdom and knowledge, commitment to te reo me ona tikanga ways of knowing and doing, champion of Ngā Au Rangi, solution focused. Has an improvement, life-long learning mindset and attitude.
- Confident in tangata whenuatanga: confident in one’s own mana, strong communicator te reo Māori and te reo Pakeha, willing to listen, shares knowledge, is constructive, contributes to collective goals.
- An excellent influencer with >10 years health experience with proven strategic and Māori clinical leadership expertise, particularly in Mental Health.
- Demonstrated commitment to te reo me ona tikanga, support will be provided for continued learning and application. We want to be a Te Reo speaking team.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer Te Aō Māori views, concepts, knowledge and practices for collective responsiveness.
- Demonstrates high level of analytical, written, IT, oral skills and scholarship.
- Experience working with strategic health governance groups and or iwi health boards.
- Demonstrates, exudes, and embeds behaviours consistent with He Pou Oranga Tāngata Whenua and the BOPDHB Manaakitanga values
Come join our team as we work to create a future where our mokopuna are raised in
Mana Atua, Mana Tupuna, Mana Whenua, Mana Moana & Mana Tangata.
Apply now, ensuring you highlight your brilliance via your CV and cover letter.